Friday, May 16, 2008

T.G.I.F.

Well thank goodness another workweek has come to a screeching halt. It wasn’t such a bad one though as I did manage to get 2 more frames laid out and cut. In the morning we can get the last frame done and move on to precutting the hull skins. I like to think that we’ll get these completed but we’re taking Mom to the Braves game for her 82nd birthday on Sunday. No complaints about that, she’s a big fan and we don’t get to go as often as we’d like.

An interesting post came up on Bateau’s forum about some deeply discounted mast sections from US Spars. I haven’t heard back from them yet but expect to the first of the week with details and may consider a modification to the original plans with this mast. They are a little shorter (about 3’) and a heavier section than called for. They could be used as either a deck-stepped rig or a keel stepped reduced rig. I’m thinking deck stepped but will see. See the sidebar for a link to their site if you’re interested in more information.

If you have any questions the best way to contact me is through the thread we started on the Bateau forum at
http://forums.bateau2.com/viewtopic.php?t=16577